What does it mean to embody and actively cultivate peace? How do we as individuals, commit to a conscious path of creating peace in our lives, communities, nations and world if we disown the aggressive, helpless, devastated, fragmented, traumatized or shut down parts of us that need to be seen or known? When a big or small trauma or loss occurs in our life, that event is stored in our cells and soma (body) as well as in our mind (psyche). This disruption or fragmentation plays out in our life in ways sometimes unconscious to us, causing us to sometimes repeat deregulating patterns that continue to hurt us, or others around us. In order to understand peace, we must face and understand these self-sabotaging patterns that we become familiar with that keep us hyper-aroused, in a trance, addicted to stress and in a defensive reactive mode. Through yoga and embodied practices, we can teach the body to heal itself through re-connecting these fragmented energetic and neural pathways. In this intensive, Seane will take you through an introspective and provocative yoga practice that will help you:
- Discharge tension in your body and open up your energy centers.
- Activate the internal self-healing messages that help bridge the soma and psyche.
- Explore peace through an experiential practice
- Participate in creative discussions to active conscious participation in the re- creating of “peace” and what that looks like in your personal expression of truth.
- Learn how committing to this in your daily practice contributes to becoming a change agent in your family, your relationships and ultimately the world.
Part asana, part discussion. All levels welcome.
**This class has been approved by American Council on Exercise (ACE) for CECs.**